Here’s a cool way to experience the living quarters for the Apollo 11 crew. Try the guided tour function to begin with. If you have access to a 3D printer, scroll down the page for models to print. VR enthusiasts have the ability to take the pilot’s seat with either GearVR or Google Cardboard. Have fun & share your fun with the Smithsonian Institute!
If you’re planning on traveling to Rio for the Olympics, then check out the Zika Virus information along with general international travel advice.
- Olympic and Paralympic Games 2016 Visitor Information
- 2016 Summer Olympics (Rio 2016)
- Infographic: Going to the Olympic Games in Brazil?
- Olympics 2016 – U.S. Citizen Services
Have a safe trip and enjoy the games!
The new research guide contains government and free Wolters Kluwer resources about the mosquito-borne disease, Zika Virus. All links should be available to everyone.
The CDC has an information page on the Zika Virus. It includes all you need to know about the virus along with the travel alert and resources for pregnant women.
We thought we’d put together a primer on executive orders.
What are Presidential Executive Orders (USA.gov)? This USA.gov site includes finding tools for current and past executive orders. Executive orders: A beginners guide (LoC) explains how to research them using either the Library of Congress or other online sources. Finally, a how to explanation of the executive branch (White House) includes a brief description.
No Child Left Behind 2002 revision has been replaced with Every Student Succeeds (ESSA). The new act was signed Dec. 10, 2015 by President Barack Obama. The White House blog post outlines the process and goals. You will find more resources, along with a fact sheet, on the ESSA information page (Dept. of Ed).
Curious about the process immigrants and refugees go through in order to come to America?
- Immigrate (U.S. Visas) overview of obtaining a visa with a Special Immigrant category
- Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (U.S. Department of State) outlines the purpose of the bureau and includes the Refugee Admissions process
- Obtaining Refugee Status (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) brief outline
- Refugees & Asylum (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) overview with specific Refugees site
College students need to be aware that there’s a phone scam targeting them. The caller pretends to be a government representative requesting that all delinquent student loans, along with other types of student debt, be paid immediately using MoneyGram. Don’t fall for it. If this happens to you, report it to www.IC3.gov.