The recent posting of suspicious activity reports obtained by the ACLU made us wonder, where do we report suspicious activity? According to the Department of Homeland Security you should first call your local law enforcement. After that, the reports will be managed by a rather large group, the “U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Justice Assistance, in partnership with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and state, local, tribal, and territorial law enforcement partners.”* This is known as the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) Initiative (NSI).

Also mentioned in the news: INFORMATION SHARING: Additional Actions Could Help Ensure That Efforts to Share Terrorism-Related Suspicious Activity Reports Are Effective (GAO)

*Quoted from Report Suspicious Activity (DHS)