On March 25, 2013 five new national monuments were established by President Obama. What makes this interesting, other than the monuments themselves, is that President Obama used the authority of the Antiquities Act. The first link is from the Department of the Interior and includes photos of each new national monument. The second link is from the White House and includes a bit of history about the Antiquities Act.
The new national monuments are:
- Charles Young Buffalo Soldiers National Monument
- First State National Monument
- Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Monument
- San Juan Islands National Monument
- Rio Grande del Norte National Monument