Not that there’s a “winner” of the battle between requests flagged by IRS workers to help with identifying tax-exempt applications but, the IRS is certainly not winning. Read the report by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration: Inappropriate Criteria Were Used to Identify Tax-Exempt Applications for Review.
If you haven’t switched to direct deposit for your federal payments yet, then you’ll need to by March 1, 2013. What are federal payments? They are Social Security, Supplemental Social Security Income, VA Compensation & Pension or even other federal benefit payments. Use Go Direct to find answers & enroll.
Here’s an interesting look at our economy in charts from Treasury Notes.
Begin with this blog post from USA.gov and follow the link to a press release from the US Treasury.
This week, our focus is on the Department of the Treasury:
- U.S. Savings Bonds: 1994 Day Book
- The Series G United States Savings Bond: An Ideal Purchase for Current Income
- The Teacher of English and the War Savings Program
- The Problem is Dead Serious
- ATF Arson Investigative Guide
- Identification of Firearms
- Songs from “Figure it Out”: A War Bond Musical Show
- Women’s Work in War Finance, 1941-1945
- Regulations No. 5, Regulatory Taxes on Narcotic Drugs, Opium, Coca Leaves, Isonipecaine or Opiates (revised 1964)
- List of Merchant Vessels of the United States, 1901
- Financial Investigations: A Financial Approach to Detecting and Resolving Crimes
- History of the Treasury